I will try my best to live by these rules. I hope I can expect it out of my friends too. Edit: I'm not trying to be on a high horse here. I have definitely broken these rules before.
- If a friend who has good tastes asks you to go see a show, don't be wishy washy and say you need to learn more about it. The point is hanging out with the friend. Valid reasons include money and scheduling conflict.
- Let your friend know your plan right away so they don't waste time waiting around (i.e say yes or no, no maybes)
- When you crash at someone's place keep your shit together and neat.
- Don't break plans with someone because you are tired. Being tired is not a legitimate reason. It's like saying, yeah I'm too lazy to be your friend. They probably shuffled shit around or are excited to hang out. Now their shit is fucked.
- Plan stuff to do too. Don't be a leach and just ride on your friends being proactive.